Corona® Summer Beach House Alaska Sweepstakes 2019
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Corona® Summer Beach House Alaska Sweepstakes 2019 (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal U.S. residents, residing in the state of Alaska who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who are employees or agents of Crown Imports LLC, Administrator (as defined below), their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors and the service agencies or independent contractors of any of the above organizations; (b) suppliers, distributors or retailers of alcohol beverage products; (c) individuals engaged in the development of, the production or distribution of materials for, or the implementation of this Sweepstakes; or (d) employees of, persons in the immediate family of, or persons living in the same household as any person in any of the preceding categories. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside Alaska and where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Crown Imports LLC, 131 South Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60603. Administrator: HP2 Promotions, 2880 E. Northern Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85028.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on May 15, 2019 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on July 4, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter: (a) During the Promotion Period, mail a 3×5 inch card on which you have handprinted the keyword: ALASKA and your complete name, mailing address (PO Boxes not permitted), phone number, valid email address and date of birth and mail it to: The Corona® Summer Beach House Alaska Sweepstakes 2019, P.O. Box 40165, Phoenix, AZ 85067. You must also include your signature on your mailed entry to certify that you are 21 years of age or older. Mailed entries must be postmarked during the Promotion Period and received by 11:59 PM ET on July 10, 2019 to be eligible for inclusion in the random drawing; or (b) During the Promotion Period, use your mobile phone to text ALASKA to 55678 and follow the instructions to enter. Those participating by text message: (i) must have a mobile phone with text messaging capabilities to participate via mobile phone (available on participating carriers only); (ii) may incur standard text message and/or data charges from their wireless service provider (entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges); (iii) agree to receive reply messages which may be sent via automated dialing system; and (iv) agree to text STOP to 55678 to cancel participation in the Sweepstakes and to cease receiving reply messages, provided however, you may receive a reply text message confirming that you have opted-out of, and have canceled your participation in, the Sweepstakes. For help, text HELP to 55678. Limit: One (1) text entry per wireless phone number per calendar day [for purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “calendar day” is defined as beginning at 12:00 AM ET and ending at 11:59 PM ET on any one (1) calendar date]; one (1) mailed entry per outer mailing envelope. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different addresses, identities or registrations, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated, robotic, repetitive, programmed or similar entry methods or agents to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Facsimile and mechanically reproduced mailed entries will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, invalid, postage-due, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any participation via text entry, the authorized account holder of the phone number used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned a phone number by a cellular service provider. The potential winner may be required to show proof that he/she is the authorized account holder, if winning entry was a text entry. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Random Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will select the potential Sweepstakes winner in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around July 11, 2019. The potential winner will be notified by mail, email or phone on or about the first business day following the random drawing in which they were selected. Potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor/Sponsor’s representative, within three (3) calendar days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (a written “Affidavit”) in order to claim his/her prize. If potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign (when required) and return the Affidavit within the required time period, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, time permitting. Only three (3) alternate random drawings will be held after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
- Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Grand Prize shall consist of a trip for winner and up to three (3) travel companions to a Sponsor-specified beach house rental (“Beach House”) in Santa Monica, California, August 21, 2019 – August 25, 2019, including roundtrip, coach-class air transportation for four (4) from the major airport nearest winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to the Los Angeles area (specific airport to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) which includes beach house accommodations (occupancy per room varies), ground transportation from/to airport/beach house and $3,470 spending money for winner only (awarded in the form of a gift card; terms and conditions on gift card apply) (subject to additional restrictions). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $10,070. Winner’s travel companions must be 21 years or older (except as specifically stated in the next sentence) at time of travel and must execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to travel. Grand Prize winner, or at least one of each Grand Prize winner’s travel companions must be 25 years of age or older at time of travel. Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companions will be provided with a list of amenities included with the Beach House. Winner and travel companions are solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited to meals, surcharges, service charges, personal charges, taxes, travel and other insurance, additional transportation, souvenirs and other incidentals and items of a personal nature. Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize in these Official Rules and prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, mutilated or stolen travel documents. Actual retail value will depend on winner’s point of departure/return. Sponsor is not responsible for, and winner will not receive, any difference between the actual value and ARV of prize. Prizes are subject to additional restrictions. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companions must travel on same itinerary. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor; date of departure/return are subject to change at Sponsor’s discretion. Travel is subject to availability and certain restrictions may apply. If Grand Prize winner is unable to travel on dates specified, prize will be forfeited and time-permitting, an alternate Grand Prize winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. All travelers must have valid travel documents (i.e., government-issued photo ID) prior to departure. Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companions must agree to adhere to all Beach House property rules and regulations while on premises and must sign additional documents agreeing to such rules and regulations prior to travel. Grand Prize winner will be required to provide a valid credit card to Sponsor/Sponsor representative prior to Beach House check-in. Any damage made to the Beach House and/or Beach House property during a winner’s stay is the sole responsibility of that winner and the winner agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor/Sponsor representative harmless from any such damage. Administrator/Sponsor/Sponsor representative reserve the right to collect the cost of any damage done to the property from the Grand Prize winner and the Grand Prize winner agrees to same. In the event Grand Prize winner or travel companions engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, and send the Grand Prize winner and travel companions home with no further compensation to the Grand Prize winner. No alcohol is included with Grand Prize. In the event Grand Prize winner or his/her travel companions consume alcoholic beverages (none will be provided by Sponsor) while participating in any Grand Prize-related activities, they do so at their own discretion and agree to hold Sponsor and its agencies harmless from any subsequent damages or third-party claims arising out of or related to such consumption.
Sweepstakes winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winner can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600.00 for the year. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
- Release: In exchange for the right to participate in the Sweepstakes, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in or in connection with the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of prize. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, network connections or incomplete or delayed computer transmissions, regardless of cause.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of each winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, quotes, statements, opinions, biographical information and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media now known or hereinafter invented, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, any other promotion or applicable law, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software whether originating with entrant, Sponsor, or any third party; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, undeliverable, misdirected, illegible, damaged, incomplete, incorrect, stolen, or postage due entries/mail; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, unless it is not possible to award another entry due to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion In the event of a discontinuance of the Sweepstakes or cancelation, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance/cancelation to select the prize winner, and in no event will more than the stated prize be awarded. In the event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated prize as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated prize by a random drawing among all legitimate entries received or from among those determined as winners.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting an awarded prize, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Cook County, Illinois, having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., evidenced costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winner List: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by August 9, 2019 to: The Corona® Summer Beach House Alaska Sweepstakes 2019 Winner, c/o HP2 Promotions, 2880 E. Northern Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85028.
Relax responsibly®. Corona Extra® and Corona Light Beer. Imported by Crown Imports, Chicago, IL
WINNER’S AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY
RELEASE OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY
I, _______________________, have submitted valid materials for participation in the Corona® Summer Beach House Alaska Sweepstakes 2019 (the “Sweepstakes”).
I hereby represent that neither I nor any members of my family are or ever were employees (or IRS listed dependents) of Crown Imports LLC (“Crown”), HP2 Promotions, their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors, or the service agencies or independent contractors of any of the above organizations, or any suppliers, distributors or retailers of alcoholic beverages, or any company engaged in the development, production or distribution of any of the Sweepstakes participative materials.
I further represent that any and all materials submitted by me were obtained through authorized and legitimate channels and that I have complied with the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes and all applicable regulations and that I have perpetrated no fraud or deception in entering the promotion or claiming my prize.
In the event that the material submitted by me is verified and I am thereby a winner, Crown has my permission to publicize this fact with State and Federal agencies requiring the same without further compensation therefor. I also understand and agree that I will be solely responsible for all local, State and/or Federal taxes, fees and license charges levied upon any prize which may be awarded to me under this Sweepstakes.
I represent and warrant that I am twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time I submitted my entry in the sweepstakes and shall provide Crown with government issued identification upon request.
In exchange for the right to participate in the Sweepstakes, I agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in or in connection with the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
I hereby grant Crown, and those authorized by Crown, absolute permission to my name, likeness, photograph, voice, quotes, statements, opinions, biographical information and/or hometown or state in the advertising and/or promotion of its products in any media now known or hereinafter invented, in perpetuity worldwide, without further payment or compensation or approval by me.
_______________________________________________ ____________________________________________________ ________________
STREET ADDRESS CITY & STATE ZIP CODE
_________________________________ (_____) __________________________
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER HOME PHONE
STATE OF __________________________________________ COUNTY OF __________________________________________
Subscribed and sworn to before me this ___________ day of _______________________________________________, 2019.